Sign up for From Scratch with Katie updates
Ciao Bella Burger
1 ½ lbs Ground Short Rib (makes 6 patties)
- Season ground short rib patties with salt and pepper. Place on grill, season side down. Season the upward facing side with salt and pepper. Let cook for 6-8 minutes per side.
- While patties are cooking, brush olive oil across buns to prep for toasting.
- Flip patties and allow second side to cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Once cooked, top the burgers with pancetta and fontina cheese, close the grill lid and allow cheese to melt.
- Remove the burgers and place the buns on the grill to toast about two minutes.
- Remove buns and top with burgers.
- Add watercress and drizzle balsamic reduction. Top with the bun and serve!
Grilled Fingerling Potatoes
Fingerling Potatoes sliced in half
Italian Salsa Verde
- Drizzle about 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper over potatoes in a bowl. Toss to completely dress.
- Lay potatoes across bbq grate, or on foil laid over the grate.
- Toss potatoes every 5-10 minutes. Roast potatoes until they’re tender and slightly charred or 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from grill, place on platter. Drizzle salsa verde over potatoes to taste. Top with parmesan flakes.
Grilled Watermelon Salad
Largely sliced watermelon (about half of the melon or 8-10 slices)
Fresh Mint (basil, oregano)
Oil cured olives
Italian ricotta salata
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- Brush watermelon with olive oil
- Place watermelon on a hot grill, oil side down, and dress the upward facing side with oil. Leave the watermelon on for about 4 minutes per side or until grill marks are visible and the melon is barely charred.
- Lay nice bed of watercress across a serving platter.
- Place grilled watermelon slices on top of watercress.
- Sprinkle with sliced ricotta sillata, olives, 10-15 leaves of fresh mint and nasturtium flowers.
- Drizzle a satisfying portion of extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar.
- Crack pepper or salt if desired.
- Mint leaves can easily be replaced with fresh basil or oregano.
Grilled Morel and Ramp Pizza
10oz Pizza dough enough for one 12-inch pizza
2-3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ball of Burrata cheese
Wild ramps or leeks
- Spread pizza dough with hands on pizza paddle. Spoon olive oil onto dough and spread evenly across surface.
- Top with morel mushrooms, wild ramps, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- If you’re using a pizza stone on your grill, allow 20 minutes for the stone to heat up. Before placing the pizza, wipe the stone with a cold, wet rag to avoid burning the bottom of the pizza.
- Slide your pizza off of you paddle and on to the stone. Close the lid and allow it to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from grill, drizzle lightly with olive oil, and serve!